Monday, September 10, 2007

Curious and curiouser....

I'm sorry to sound so utterly stupid - but I am lately, really understand how we ended up so financially screwed. Things. Plain and simple. Bits and bods and *oh but it's a bargain* and *oh but the kids would love it* and *oooh we need some time out to do something*...

All sound good don't they? But when they are in excess, they screw ones financial status. And leave your home full of stuff that you are desperate to just have GONE.

Today was a nice day. Me and the terror went swimming, and then off to get Mr 'Tude some new shoes. After searching through savers (my GOD that place was busy!!), Payless, Kmart and Target - can you believe that I found the cheapest pair at Target??? Bizarre, but it goes to show that it does pay to shop around.

Went to a girlfriends house for lunch - she is a lovely lovely girl, but she is still (as I like to call them)a *stuff hoarder*. We are going on a shopping tour together in a couple of weeks and already she's got the lists out and who wants what etc etc.

For the first time ever; I aim to get two things. A kettle and some chocolates for G's grandmother who adores this particular brand of chocolate. We'll see how it goes.

I also got some seeds today and planted some snow peas and some baby carrots. I've just about put the support up for the snow peas; I will finish that on Wednesday. Hopefully the garden will really kick off this year....

I went out for lunch yesterday with some adorable friends that I really don't see even CLOSE to enough of. As we were slovenly sprawled in the sunshine on the banks of the yarra, I wondered how it was possible for 5 such different people to click so darn well. We are all from such different walks of life, and it's truly a blessing to call these people my friends.

I am a shocker of a friend. I am the one who says she will call but never does, the friend that has the very best intentions, but not so much on the follow through. I have been horribly guilty in the past of losing friendships out of, basically, laziness. Another one of my goals is to rectify that.

Not much else to add today - am very tired, so might head off to bed with a gardening mag!!

No comments: