Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Animals (mostly)

I am fluey at the minute. Which is kinda nice, because I don't remember the last time I curled up on the couch with my boys and watched the world go by. It was truly lovely.

After they went to bed, I tortured myself by watching an RSPCA show. I get such a big mix of emotions that sometimes, I'm sure it's not conductive for me to watch it.

But how can people just abandon animals like that?? I have all sorts of words for them, but I'd rather not colour anyones vocabulary too much.

Straight after RSPCA there is some other show about people in hospital. I am very *meh* about people - I figure that, on a grand scale, we bought it all on ourselves. We know that we had a car accident/fell etc. These poor poor animals have absolutely NO idea why they are being left/what is happening at the vet etc...

G finds it ironic that I will be sitting down, either sobbing or cursing (depending on the story of course) - yet, as soon as this human show comes on, I just get up and continue on.

I know I should be more sympathetic - and on an individual level, I am. I am the first to a friends place with something cooked/done should they have had an injury - but as a collective whole; I sometimes feel that us humans deserve exactly what we get.

This poor little kelpie was abandoned last night. That completely throws me by itself. HOW can you pack up your life and leave your pet behind without a second thought?? And THEN come back, because, of course, it's all too hard to DO something about your lack of wanting an animal - so we'll just let him go??

The RSPCA do a wonderful job. Hugh worth can be a little eccentric at times I'll admit, but he's about the only person that has any sort of authority in the world that actually gives a crap about these animals we trap and keep as pets - and a lot of the time, they're not even treated like that.

Now you all know my other passion. Animals. All animals (with the exception of huntsman spiders; I have this horrible phobia of them and have called my neighbours at 1am in the morning to rid my bedroom of it when G was away...) mean more to me than many humans.

Remind me one day to tell you the story about me, 28 weeks pregnant, chasing a guy up the road with a BABY GOAT in a wheely bin threatening to shoot me.... You'll never believe it.

Have a lovely day everyone - I'm off to Phantom of the opera tonight. I know I'll like it and I bought the tickets in March - but these days I feel it's just a WASTE of time - given how much inspiration I have since found that has been sitting around me my entire life. But, it'll be a nice catch up with friends anyway.

No comments: