Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sliding doors...

Every so often, in the school holidays, Mr 'Tude and the terror go up to the farm for a week. And, during that week, I go back to working full time; up from 2 days per week.

It's certainly a sliding doors week, that's for sure.

In the beginning, I hated being at home. PND probably didn't help that too much, but I so missed work. I missed the drive, the conversations, the day to day *what's happening*.

But, as the years have gone on (Mr 'Tude is nearly 5), I have found that the pendulam has shifted - that I prefer staying home. Not all the time; but full time is not for me. (And by full time, I mean 7.00am till 4.30pm). I miss my kids, I miss my plants and I especially miss my dog.

I miss having that early early morning time to ponder the day and to work out just what is going to happen/change in the house of the wannabe hippies this week. I miss thinking about simplicity and how to acheive it (because, obviously, nothing is simple in the world of a company!!) in my own life.

I can't wait until Friday and I see the kids again - and I also spend a weekend with G's mum - the queen of simplicity.

Oh, and on a quick, happy note - my carrot and snowpeas are sprouting!! I was so very very proud!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Amazing blog to follow I would suggest to follow my all friends and family to follow his blog . Vivacious Blog - Full life and energy. Keep Posting, lace cap sleeve wedding dress GPS Louboutin Shoes pumps christian louboutin. Mother Of Bride