Thursday, September 20, 2007

Swings & Roundabouts....

You know, it's weird. Once you make a change, how easily everything else falls into place.

Today, I had a big *karma* moment. (Ok, so maybe it's not so much karma, but it was cosmic and weird, so that word works for me).

I have probably referred earlier to the fact that *I* (mostly) got us into a bit of debt. Not a *lot* of debt by any stretch; but enough to be annoying. Slowly I was chipping away at it; it seemed to be my constant reminder of just how much CRAP I actually bought. It annoyed me, ate away at me, had me sighing with frustration with myself.

Anyway. This morning, I did the online banking. And, (this is the karmic part) the exact amount my credit card was in debt for - appeared in my NORMAL account. From the government for my child care rebate. Which, I thought I'd already received in my $300 odd dollar tax refund.

The exact amount I owed on my credit card?? Is that not THE most bizarre thing you've ever heard??

So, all day today, I have been thinking. I have been given a *clean slate* of sorts. And it feels wonderful.

Life is not about what you have. It's about how you use and truly value what you have. A new rug could not even come close to the value that a head of broccoli in my vegie patch would have for me about now. A piece of jewellry wouldn't even come close to us having enough rain to declare the drought *over* - but still having the sensibilities to realise how stupid we all were with water. Those things seem far FAR more valuable to me now.

And I feel wonderful for it.

On another note, Phantom of the opera. *sigh*. Absolutely astounding. I walked in there kicking myself for spending so much money on something so frivolous - but walked out knowing I'd spend the same amount next time it was out. It was amazing. So, very VERY glad I went.

Not much going on in the vegie patch - my petunias and bulbs are starting to flower, so my garden is a lovely place to be at the minute. I wish my seeds would shoot - but we'll just wait and see what happens.

A very nice weekend lined up for me - G is taking the kids to his parents farm for a week (it's the school holidays here) so that I can work full time at work whilst my sister takes holidays. Usually I only work 2 days a week - but my sister needs time off too - and I have to admit, I quite like going back into the "life before kids" for a week. By Friday, I'll be dying to see them, but I am quite looking forward to it.

So the weekend for me involves a shopping tour (I know, I know, totally against my whole *living simply* philosophy; but hey, it was booked ages ago, I need a new kettle (BADLY - this one is leaking everywhere) and G's grandmother is in LOVE with newmans chocolates - which is one place we're going. So, for me this year, it will be a lovely day out with a few friends, a wine at lunch and a lovely evening at home pottering about. Then an entire DAY of being in the garden on a perfect 22 degree Sunday.

Bliss over here this weekend.

No comments: