Sunday, September 2, 2007

Tranquility

My garden is finally becoming somewhere I enjoy being. I have no *set up* and no *organisation* going on (yet); but it's just a place where I love to potter about.

This weekend was spent doing just that. Pottering. The kids love being outside - if I have my way, they'll not know what a Nintendo is until they are at LEAST 15.... but they love just being when they're outside.

We did the fathers day thing this morning - I went rather *simple* as is my mantra - I did some photos of the kids into some frames and got them both to do some painting. Next to their photo is their painting. Both G and their poppy loved them. The kids got poppy some chocolate, and G some boxer shorts, plus what they made at kinder / daycare.

I found this excellent plane at Flemington market the other day (I will take a photo at one point to show you) - made entirely out of cans. It's a bit of a novelty present, but I figure it fitted in well in my new *simple* way of thinking - and it gave G a smile.

He had a great day with the kids. It's finally now; through the fog of sick children and babies (which, whilst I love my own, I get SO much more out of toddlers!!!) that I realise how lucky I am. I have a husband who thinks the world of us, who would do anything for any of us, two boys who are healthy and happy - and a lovely little garden for pottering around in.

What more could a gal want??

I spent this afternoon in the sunshine with Mr 'Tude turning over my front yard mulch etc, whilst my husband watched his beloved Roos and the terror had a nap. It was a lovely afternoon and it's a nice feeling to know that I'm giving my son an interest in his surroundings. Hopefully the turning over and the left over bathwater will help brighten one of my azaleas up a tad. It's friend is about 1 foot away from it and is BOOMING - yet this one just looks not well. I fed him and pruned him (no hope of flowers this time) and gave him most of the bath water. Hopefully there'll be a change for the better in the next couple of days.

Mr 'Tude is very taken with my vegie patch. Every day we simply must go and visit and check to see whether anything has grown. Obviously, a day is a long time in the eyes of a 5 year old - but in the eyes of a 30 year old, it does tend to get a bit.... ambitious to think that A. they'll even GROW and B. will grow in a few days.

I've been trying to "think simply" this week. Just lots of little things are coming to me in all areas of my life. Instead of buying new, I'm starting to look at recycled. Given I come from a family of recycling gits who wondered why on earth one would play around with their rubbish and go to all that trouble of sorting... - I think I'm doing pretty well. We've been thinking about camping bunks for the kids and instead of just going out and getting them - I have/will get some off Ebay for the grand price of $30. So, I save money - AND I'm reusing something someone else no longer wants.

I'm in a big debate mode at the moment. The kids get their photos at daycare this week - but they are not there a day together. Their photo together is very important to me - it's about the only photo I can ever get of the two of them looking 3/4 happy. So, obviously, I would like it to happen. The way in which this could happen is to put the terror into daycare tomorrow if there is a spot. Sounds good - but OH the guilt!!

Otherwise, it'll be a HELL of a workout with the digital camera.

No comments: