Thursday, October 4, 2007

Conclusion...

I went to the supermarket yesterday and I was rather pleasantly suprised at how little I needed. So, with the same amount I usually budget for, I bought a whole heap of stuff to stockpile.

Stuff like laundry powder (yeah, sorry, but I'm not *that* organised just yet!!) and cleaning stuff, toilet paper and toothpaste. I was STILL under budget, have a whole heap of stuff in the cupboards - and I'm almost positive that next weeks shop will be great!! Eventually, I can see me only needing to go to the fruit and veg shop once a week (that won't change!) - and I cannot WAIT!!

My vegie patch is going along very nicely - I picked some baby spinach to have with dinner the other night and it was really nice. I suprised myself actually; it all appears to be working well. I don't have an incredible up to date photo as G has taken the camera, but as an indication -




On another note, my "purely for looks garden" is making me smile every time I look at it. It is full of colour and life and, although it's not functional in any way, it is something I am so very proud of. It was my "first" attempt at any sort of gardening and it really shows just what can be acheived.

Not much else to say really; it's a day at home for all of us today; and it is a day that, every week, I really look forward to. It's a day for the kids to just bum around the house, spending time outside with me - and we all get to potter about in the sunshine. Today will be spent putting horse manure and old rotting straw on one of my garden beds that need a boost (It was originally intended for the vegies, but I decided it had enough manure for the minute and just put some sugar cane mulch over the top), and generally cleaning up after the wild winds of yesterday.

Enjoy your day - whatever it is you are doing!

No comments: