Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Live bigger for Less"

And that statement is, right there, the reason our world is the way it is. Mass production for cheap and nasty things that break in a week and end up as landfill. A million trillion litres of water are used in production, 18 trees are cut down - so we "can live bigger for less".

It's pathetic.

Onto other things.

MIL is down for the remainder of the week this week, and it will be nice having her around. She wants to see this Aldi place that I speak of. So, we'll go have a looksee today - I need a few odds and sods from there anyway.

The garden - is going well. Everything appears to be growing well and is loving the weather. I'm sure that it's not going to like it so much after 5 months of it. But, at the minute, it's incredibly nice being out in the garden.

2 comments:

Geoff said...

I've been yelling at the telly when I see those ads! It's even worse when they are followed by one from the government about how we need more growth, more people to consume more products, top stuff, not!!

Shel said...

Oh I know. I just mutter "and they wonder what is wrong with this world" before I hmphh and walk away.

Why are we humans so stupid?