Saturday, November 10, 2007

Being organised seems as though it's an inbuilt trait. Either you're organised, or you're not. I think that is little more than a furphy - I think that once you actually GET organised, staying organised is easy.

Over the last couple of days, I let the house get away a tad. Nothing out there, but enough for it to be a pain. It LOOKED awful. There were bits and pieces everywhere, scattered all over the house.

15 minutes. That is the time it took to have it back to normal. I think, because everything has a home, it's simply a matter of putting it there. There's no thinking or *I'll leave this until I find a home for it* - because everything HAS a preordained home. If I *do* get something new, it's in a home as soon as I get home.

Rhonda was talking about how this lifestyle takes over. And,as she described her post, it sounded like the path I was on. Obviously not THE same path, but similar mindsets in the beginning. And I think most people get to that point of *ENOUGH!!!* at some point - but simply don't know what to do next.

If I get to that point with say, a cupboard, I simply pull everything out. I give myself 15 minutes and right then and there decide that, for 15 minutes, nothing else matters. Well, if someone loses an eye, that's obviously up there; but essentially, my mind is on this one project.

Ask Questions. Do you REALLY NEED 18 spare sets of sheets? Why? do you very rarely wash? Are you a bed changing maniac? Or, is it just a collection of things that are too good to throw away?

In every case, there is a question to be answered. Do I use this? WILL I use this? Do I even really LIKE this?

Surrounding yourself with only things that make you smile is the first step in being organised. Once you are smiling at your surroundings, I feel it makes you want to KEEP smiling. And, I've gotta say - that self appreciating smug smile every morning when I walk into my kitchen is worth every cent. You can't buy organisation - but you can make it happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.