Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Once upon a time...

Well, I'm really glad I made a pact to post once a day..... ;)

The party was ace. There is no other word for it. Ace. It was a nice balmy evening, full of kids, friends and laughs. There was more than enough food, nothing was hard and all our friends were there.

I met one of G's old school friends for the first time on Saturday night. He is THE nicest person I've ever met. There is something to be said about the simplicity of country people - and no, I don't mean their IQ.

Just the fact that they are not after much. They want a happy life, with lots of friends, some kids, a wife and a place to call home. I think we can learn a heap from them.

He's been travelling the world for the last few years and had some amazing stories to tell. He ended up staying the night and him and G have made a firm promise to catch up more often.

Christmas is well and truly on it's way - I'm very pleased to note that I am just about finished the Christmas shopping. I love being organised at this time of year - mostly because I love enjoying this time; not running around like a lunatic buying things for people that they probably don't need because little thought was put into it! Obviously I have a couple of things left to do, but nothing major.

To all that asked, thank you for your comments. It's quite bizarre to realise that people are actively reading this - even though it was never set up that way. Sounds ridiculous because it's a blog - but every time I see a comment, I get that rush of *OMG someone is READINGGGG - is that a good thing or a bad thing??*

I think it's good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always read your blog and I love it, Shel. I just don't comment, because basically I'm lazy.

cheers Lenny

Jenn said...

Well you started it ;)

I love reading your blog, I keep hoping that your organisation will rub off on me!