Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Finding the balance

Balance; I think I haz it. For the most part anyway. Usually, theres always something to throw out the equillibrium of life; it's work that is a hiccup when my home life is great, or something happens at home to throw out the balance when work is great. For the first time in (at least) awhile, things seem balanced.

I start a new course next week. For 3 full days, I have to train it to and from the city to attend a course regarding the work I am now doing.

I'm terrified.

Not only is the work I'm doing mostly a 'boys world' (the last course I was the only girl); but I have to get up, find a car park at the station, get the train with 18000 other people and spend 3 full days learning about this program.

By nature, I have a degree of agoraphobia. Although, it's more a fear of getting lost; and trust me, if there is an opportunity to get lost, I will find it. But, this fear takes over and I'm sure it's why I end up getting lost.

I won't sleep the night before it starts and I'll get there about 3 hours before it starts - I'll allow myself 'enough time' to get there.

I just hope I get something out of it.

And don't tell anyone, but I am vaguely thinking of #3. I can't believe I said that out loud.

3 comments:

hissychick said...

Good luck with the training.

And eeeeeeee! Join us LOL

Mary said...

Three huh? What a ride that's going to be for you - but you'll be in good company. We'll be here to help if you need any advice.

Good luck with your training and keep going the distance!

Mx

Jenn said...

I won't tell a soul. Not a one ;)

Good luck with the course!