Friday, August 31, 2007

How does one lose GLASSES if one can not see without them?

I lost my glasses yesterday. Talk about stupid. I mean, I needed new ones anyway, and the lens popped out of them last week - but I have forgotten just how much I rely on glasses to get me around.

After racing to the Optometrist to get the ball rolling for a new pair, He put me in some contact lenses. Does feel rather weird having plastic in ones eye that is meant to be there - but I can see, and will be able to see until my glasses come back.

My vegies are going well - as in, they are not dead. Considering my 5 year old let my 2 year old in to jump all over them, this IS a big plus.

Spring has definately sprung here - one of the first hebes I ever planted is finally flowering! To me, that says that my garden is doing Ok. I just hope it lives through this summer. It was 25 degrees here yesterday and it is still officially winter.


Saving water is going to be a bigger issue this year - I'm very proud of the fact that we are using under the quota the water company says - but my aim is to entirely maintain the front and back gardens only using recycled water and tank water. Because I planted a couple of new plants over the weekend, I've had to water them a couple of times - but essentially, I would like to not rely on tap water at all.

After doing the supermarket shopping yesterday, I realised how much we DON'T need. So, I bought simply this week - which was great. I felt better for it, and I'm sure that the kids won't even notice the difference. And if they do - well it's a perfect time to start teaching them about the environment!!

No comments: