Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Self indulgent schoolgirl crap?? Read on!!!

It's funny.

I always thought that I would marry an electrician. Don't ask me why, but I just always thought I would. So, when I married a fridgy, I did feel a bit odd for awhile. Like I'd chosen the wrong person. Not because of the person mind, but because I was that sure that "the one" would be an electrician.

Let me preface this by saying that I adore my life. I adore my husband, my kids and my overall patch of the world.

But. (there's always a 'but' isn't there??)

Once upon a time, many moons ago, one of my husbands best friends bailed me up and told me I was marrying the wrong person. Not very nice on the friends part, granted, but he had decided that *it was time to let me know how he felt* blah blah blah.

It is HE that has gone away with G this week. Somehow, I feel odd about that. I don't like the fact that he was in my world, and will remain in my husbands, for the entire week, without my husband really having a clue as to what happened all those years ago.

The thing is though, he is an electrician. Yeah, stupid, I know, but when G and I have "iss-ewes" I *do* wonder if I didn't end up on the wrong path. And imagine where I'd be with this other one; because, after all, he is the electrician that I'd always thought I'd end up with.

Schoolgirlish? most definately. In fact, I feel rather stupid putting it here, given all the other posts I have put up. But, I don't feel comfortable verbalising any of it - so you lot end up with it. Even though I know someone I actually KNOW and love reads this (hello you!!); I can't help but put this into words.

They just left, and I feel really odd that he was even here. He was in my driveway whilst my kids were asleep in their bed. He's going away with my husband for the week. I feel the same sense of oddness when he calls on our house phone. I, although I never would, feel like telling him that he has no right to be invading our little bubble. Because, that's what it feels like.

I'm very glad that he didn't come inside. But, that will probably happen when they get home. And, already, I don't like the fact that he'll be in our bubble again.

Anyway; onto more important matters.

I have created my little stockpiling cupboard. Today is shopping day. I can't wait to see what happens with both the organisation, AND the shopping bill. I shall keep you posted.

No comments: