Saturday, January 19, 2008

Music. What does it mean to you???

Music. It's one of my favorite things. When people ask me what sort of music I like, I couldn't tell them. It's everything and nothing, all at the same time. It's not so much a calibre of music as such; but individual songs; and their potential to make me feel something.

In my Ipod right now I have the following;
Alainis Morrisette, The Cure, Black eyed Peas, The Kinks, Michael Buble, eminem, All Saints, Tori Amos, Fergie (gulp!!), John Butler Trio, Kylie Minogue, Sandi Thom, the Frey, Limp Bizkit & a song from the Titanic soundtrack...... obviously my music tastes waver somewhat.

But. In my music travels (just searching for songs that I've forgotten about), there is one particular song that, at the minute, makes me tear up. It is a clearly defined *sliding doors* song - and to imagine where I could've been had I done A, B or C and my feelings towards everything at the time; honestly the song leaves me breathless.

This is what music is to me. Emotion.

And at the moment, I heart Michael Buble - what a sweety!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I use music as therapy. Classical, punk rock, metal, classic rock, ballads, folk, blues... all of it at some time or another to get me through each stage of life. Weirdarse soundtrack but it would make an eclectic CD!

Anonymous said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, i use music do very sexy moves to guys so they kiss me all over.,