Thursday, December 6, 2007

Curve balls

Life throws them at you nearly constantly. It is how you react to them that is the key. Generally, my life is pretty mundane - it is defined by days, not dates and with regular monotony, the same rules apply.

Yesterday was completely out there.

My father is an electrician and at present, we are in the throes of completing one of the biggest jobs we have ever done. Wonderful - I guess. If you care about that sort of thing.

Anyway. The job is scheduled for changeover on Saturday. Meaning the entire thing must be completed and finished. Which works great - except when the power authority loses paperwork and hasn't picked up what they NEED.

So, saving my father from a nervous breakdown, I trek off to geelong with 2 bits of wood (they really are important bits of wood apparently). Instead of preparing my munchkins breakfast, I am stuck in a traffic jam due to an accident.

But I got there, and got home and I felt I had saved the day. I decided that I was going to get all the things done that I needed to - as in write off Wednesday and have Thursday completely all mine. I haven't been in the garden for awhile, and after the torrent of rain we got on Monday, things really need tidying up.

We also had some friends around yesterday too, which was very nice. Dinner was simple; cold chicken and the last of the spinach from the garden. I don't know why it's gone to seed so quickly, but I aim to grab some seeds (if I can find them!!) for later in the year.

So, that will be my day today. A day spent pottering around, playing ball with the kids; with not one iota of committment.

I might even wrap some Christmas presents.

Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Shel is everything OK? Worrying about you atm. You know where I am if you need anything.