Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tis the season to be busy, falalalala..... (and a tag!!)

I have been so very very busy these last few days; I've barely had a chance to scratch myself!

It's been a lovely lead up to Christmas this year. There has been no stress, no issues; everything in my world has pretty much been lovely.

Having it so nice really makes me appreciate just how wonderful my life is; and how NOT about the stuff I want my entire life to be. Because it hasn't been about stuff this year; it's been more about friendships and laughter and fun, joy, excitement and family.

I did some baileys for presents this year; they went down a treat! With some home made christmas chocolates and a nice handwritten card; all said it was one of the nicer things people had done for them! Odette, my pregnant friend, was so overwhelmed at me even attempting to make her something special that she could enjoy, there were even a few tears! Far more valuable than some stupid trinket.



Saturday was G's sides christmas do. I made a cheesecake (but forgot to take photos!!!) and it was delish. And, what's more, we even had a really nice time!!

G's immediate family are great. Love each and every one of them to pieces. But. The inlaws (i.e. sisters in laws) drive me barmey 90% of the time. They are rude, selfish and arrogant; both of them. G's eldest brother finally bought a nice normal future IL here and I heart her; but the others; I try so hard to smile and nod; but sometimes.....
It was a really nice, simple day. BBQ lunch with salads we'd all bought; some music and, of course, dancing. Even my little dolly neice got into it!



I hope to get back here Christmas morning before the kids get up - but if I don't, I want to wish everyone a very very happy Christmas; and I hope 2009 brings every dream you have, true.


Whilst I am here; it appears I have been tagged by the delightful Jodie!
Christmas menu is, like Jodies - EEEEASSSSY here. I make a noodle salad (and I am NOT getting off my butt to go get the recipe tonight!) and take it to mums.
Mum is a christmas nutter.

Seriously. She goes waaay over the top with presents and food and...everything. She's already done a test batch of potatoes for dogs sake!! So, we're not to bring anything.


For us though; Christmas goes like this.


Breakfast - usually a big cut up plate of fruit; sometimes pancakes. G has been known to do a 'big breakfast' for him and the kids. We do the Santa thing, eat our fruit whilst drowning in a sea of paper and then get ready to do it all again at mums.


Mums is usually a big traditional cooked affair; the whole roast turkey, ham, chicken, potatoes, cauliflower with cheese sauce etc; then the only dessert served is the belle of the ball - Christmas pudding.


Dinner is usually a cold affair, with cold meat, seafood and salads. Hence, my salad. We either stay, or drive home, depending on the mood and whether I drink or not. We tend to go away first thing Boxing day up to the farm, so usually, we all trundle home with sleepy, but absolutely delighted children.

Tag you're it Jayne, Lex, Colleen, and anyone else who hasn't been tagged!!!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

How cool, I wish I had made more Xmas pressies this year..i did intend to, but best intentions and all..

I did however make your passionfruit cheesecake which rocked, so yummy! So will answer the tag tomorrow when I'm hopefully less exhausted. Or not!