Monday, January 12, 2009

Hodgepodge of bits and pieces

I'm sorry, but this post is going to be a mish mash of bits and pieces; I have little to say about lots of things.

Firstly. Jodie asked how R got his stitches. Going down our (v.V.steep) driveway on his scooter like a bat out of hell. He's great now though; even has a 'tough guy' scar right above his eyebrow. Tis very proud of it and can't wait to show everyone at school.

Second. Our holiday. Great fun. Some pics? Why, certainly.

We went to the beach...


We built some sandcastles.... (PS: it's a spider)


Only to tear them down again.


Some of the views....



But it was a really nice, RELAXING week. And, I was very spoilt - we had power and a shower and even a laundry. Love camping.

New year. This is where I will start waxing lyrical about how I'm 'gunna' do this, that and the other thing; probably much the same as I did here. Funnily enough; I think the same way. Goes to show just how much of a waste 2008 was huh??
And I quote;

1. Be more open. I shut myself off so well and so easily - often to my own detriment. Being shy comes across so easily as being elusive - and it really
concerns me to think people may think I am elusive or snobby.
I have been doing very well with that; breaking out of my comfort zone. I have come a considerable way with this in particular in 2008. Obviously though; the more I give, the more open to being hurt I will be; but I feel more able to handle it.

2. Committ more time to friendships. I am horribly guilty of not maintaining friendships. I think that shutting myself off has something to do with it in the sense that I can't talk to anyone until my world is ending IYKWIM. I can't say "hey look, I'm sliding down this hill, wanna grab me a rope?"

I tend to be more "hey look, I've fallen in this hole, the water is up to my nostrils and is rising fast - wanna give me a hand??" I will give the world to anyone - but I also must realise that in order to be the friend I want to be - I have to HAVE the friends too. Like a give and a take. I'd personally feel uncomfortable if I were continuously opening up to someone, only for them to not say a damn thing about themselves.
Making BIGGGG effort here and it is true. An old friendship just might be re-established because of this and #1.

3. Simplify. Everything. My life, my weight, my reaosns for being. Everything.
Ahh, not so much. Definately DEFINATELY more I can do in this area; but I feel I have a much better hold on my mental health to enable me to go further with this.

4. Recycle more. Reuse more. At work, at home, in the car; life in general.
Slowly but surely; but this will be something that will NEVER be 'finished'

5. Communicate more. In verbal, written - whatever. Just get it all down and out.
I have kept this blog AND my journal for an entire year. My journal is a massive thing for me especially.


Basically, this year was a big learning curve. I grew up, so to speak. The magical fairies don't live in the bottom of the garden, and things aren't always black and white. Sometimes, actually, scratch that, MOST of the time - they are grey. Varying shades at that. But, I can't ever say 'done' - because these 'goals' are forever elusive and will never be 'done' in any sense.

This year, 2009, I want to put all I've learned into practice. And, I can't help but achieve that; because it's what I've been doing the entire time. I could go on and on and on, but I won't; that'd be too long a post and would probably incite sleep pretty quickly!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To help you style a great internet site, you must make it therefore it is easy to navigate. Navigation encompasses everything and is also the spine of your own web site. So construct a website that passes very easily from one location to a different one, usually your blog will be really perplexing and folks will not likely pay a visit to it. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Plenary3434[/url]