Sunday, March 29, 2009

Helllooo Mr 8 ball....I seeeeeee youuuuu!!!!

Well, the 8 ball is seemingly closer at the minute; everything (just about) is ready for the final week of school. Except, perhaps, the 6 year old.

We are having dramas with him and his ridiculously immature behaviour. For all the 'oh, he's started SO well' talk - it's come back to bite me on the bum. He's lost access to prize possessions this week, so we shall see what that brings.

G has been working ridiculous hours, which I am sure is contributing to this issue. He started work at 3.30 yesterday morning and, because it was Sunday; 5.30am today. This stupid job finishes tomorrow, so hopefully his next job will be A. a little closer to home and B. far less pressure for the boy.

So, I've been painting. We fixed and resealed the roof awhile ago, and the colours that were originally our external colours turned an awful shade of pink once the red became more prominent on the roof. So, when it came time to replace the gutters; we changed to a beige. Looks much better - but obviously that means painting the rest of the external. Joy.

Actually, it's not so bad. It was a perfect Autumn day here today; 25, nice breeze and silent in the neighbourhood. So the kids were playing (nicely for a change!!), the Ipod was on, and I got stuck into the decking.

I feel a little more... in control ??? I do go through fits and starts; generally it's a big "OMG am I really fixed mentally, or is this just a big farce" type thing - far greater things have happened in my past to bring on these trains of thought (None of which I am interested in revisiting; which surely is a good sign overall?) - but every so often I realise that I am living. And, sometimes, I freak out about it.

Internet is hazy; I did something stupid and now the internet is slow until the 8th. Has been good because I haven't missed it - but on the flip side, I've missed lots of blogs!! I've thought a lot about those I regularly read and hope that all is well.

Apart from that, things are so far so good. I'm off to see M this weekend in Perth, and then it's Easter. A big stay at the farm is exactly what the doctor ordered (that and school holidays!!). Then, a couple of weeks after that and we are headed to QLD for a big play with the kids.

When G went away for 6 months last year, it was really hard on the kids. They missed him and it really affected their behaviour. So, we decided to do something just for them. R has been wanting to go to Australia Zoo for as long as I can remember - so, amongst other commercial fun parks - we're going. I personally haven't been to the Gold Coast since I was 8, so it will be very interesting to see what's changed. Apparently I won't know the place. But, we're staying in Mermaid Beach, so at least it's not in the dead centre of town.

The weekend after I get back, my beatiful friend Lex graduates. I wish I had the words to explain just how PROUD I am of this girl. What she has accomplished, and how well she has accomplished them, just have me awestruck. She has done exceptionally well at school, with her kids, with her husband - she is just one of those people you wish the whole world to - because they deserve it.

She is having a party for her graduation. And, initially, we were going to be in QLD on the night of her party. But, I couldn't BEAR to miss out on congratulating her and sharing her joy. So, we moved our holiday!! Catching up with some of my most beautiful friends and congratulating this fine fine woman will be the highlight of my year.

So much coming - and I can't WAIT!!!

2 comments:

Lex said...

oh I read this blog entry on the train to work today and had to wipe a tear or two away *blush* - I love you lots Shel, you do mean so very much to me. Looking forward to celebrating with you.

Jules363 said...

Have fun in Perth, Shel darling! I can't wait for a few weeks, when we are all together again, celebrating our Lex :)