Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy freaking birthday MIL.....

The weekend away was everything I expected it would be. 6 of us had an absolute blast – even though it rained the entire time. The other four; whinged. Well, not even the four really, but the two SIL's…I swear I could've punched them both square in the faces.

I can do shitty, I can do upset and I can even do disappointed. But, I can NOT do rude. And these two, were DAMN rude.

We all met up at the local pub on arrival – the two girls were already rather miffed at eating only at a pub. And, it wasn't even a silent miffed; snide comments were dropped and even G's dad was called a loser for not 'picking something more upper class'. Great darlings – it's not like you were paying for a damn thing.

And the meals were fantastic. Seriously. They, of course, were bistro type meals, but they were nice, hot and the owners were lovely. We all got at least 2 rounds of drinks each given to us by the proprietor; he was just a lovely guy. Open fireplace, cosy atmosphere and a whole lot of laughs – I don't think G's mum could've wanted much more for her 60th. And, given they come from a tiny country town; I believe she was in her element.

The next whinging agenda was the beds. Since the place was booked, it was 'first come first served'. Only FOUR bedrooms had ensuites and queen sized beds. The last room had some single beds, a fold out double couch and had to share a bathroom. God forbid. So, they were miffed at having to share a bathroom.

But, the night was a massive laugh for the rest of us. We didn't get to bed until 7am and we were giggling right up the stairs. I think we were all giggling ourselves to sleep.

Because of our fun night, we all slept in (I know, ME sleeping in was scary in itself, but for me to get up at 1.30pm was astounding!!). We woke up to rain on the roof and realised it had been raining all day. Which meant, poor huey and duey didn't get to go shopping on the main strip as planned. They were miffed at us sleeping in and left an adoring note 'gone to have a pedicure, we're sick of waiting for you lot. We're not here to get drunk and sleep all day, even if you are' This was addressed to G's MOTHER. So, that pissed me off somewhat.

Once we'd all gotten up and organised, we took a tour of the maritime museum. We were all rather interested, but G's mother especially so. So, we did that and then huddled up under a couple of umbrellas and braved the trip to the bakery. The food was to die for, and the rain battering down outside made it all the more cosy.

After some afternoon tea and drinks, we started off for our dinner destination. Evil SIL's husband was meant to book for the 10 of us; but unfortunately he never did. So, rather than trapse all around the town looking for a table somewhere else; we decided to eat in the first place we saw that had room for us. Which, god forbid, was the pub again.

Both SIL's cracked the sads. Not just silently, or even quietly. 'I think it's disgusting that we can't even eat somewhere different' came out; and even an walk off in a huff. I was absolutely furious, as was G; but rather than start WW3 right out on the pavement, we bit our cheeks. I'll have you know that it still hurts.

BIL went after hissy SIL and placated her by taking her somewhere else for dinner. By this point, the rest of us couldn't have cared less whether they were even THERE or in Africa. But, I think other SIL was dirty because she didn't get placated by her husband. I'm at least pleased with him there; because I'd have told any partner of mine to jump on their heads if they behaved that way in front of my family.

So, by 10am yesterday, they were outta there. Good, was my first thought.

The rest of us had a lovely seafood lunch, a nice walk along the beach and then a nice relaxing drive home to pick up the kids.

Talk about picking friends and not relatives – if they were my relatives, I'd have hung the pair of them. If I see them again, it'll be too soon.

And, poor G's mum. Her 60th birthday weekend ruined because of two spoilt little bitches. Well, not completely ruined, but dampened.

I hope karma makes ones hair fall out and the other ones eye lashes fall out. That'd be nice.

1 comment:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

There is someone in Joel's family like that. One of his brothers, and his wife are horrible. They ruin every single gathering they bother to attend, and cause as much trouble as possible. Life would be so much easier if we could jsut cut them off.

Hope your MIL had a good time, despite them. Sounds like for the most part, you have a wonderful family. I'd have loved a weekend like that one.