Monday, February 25, 2008

We're all goin' on a summer holiday....

Only 3 more days until I see my darling friends again!!

Many years ago, a website was started called EBU (don't ask). Over those years, a few of us knitted a very close group of friends who remain in contact to this day; even though the original website (and it's lunatic owner) have since faded away.

This week, we are all flying to a central location to have our annual meet up.

These friends of mine are some of the very few who know me. The uncut, unreserved, no holes barred me. And, what's even weirder - is that it seems that they love me as much as I love them.

This coming weekend will be one that is filled with much love, laughter and tears. We are a group of women who, on the surface, are 110% not the same; but once that surface is scratched, we are so similar of character it's eerie.

A few other close friends are making the journey down from Brisbane for, what one of our Coven friends have called my 30th birthday - and those people I adore also. One in particular, for reasons of her own, is unable to make it. Which disappoints me bitterly - but it's also something I completely understand.

But, she should know now that I do intend on making a special trip up there for a weekend of just the two of us. For she is the other half of me - my grace when I have none, my calming force when I am full of fire and the loving nature when I have none. She, not only understands me - she completes me.

Whilst this coming weekend will be yet another one I shall treasure forever - the weekend spent with her will be one that will change the world.

No comments: