Friday, July 18, 2008

IS number 1 the lonliest number?

Considering I am not walking very well, C is sick, it's raining and G is not coming home this weekend; I'm doing really well. Seriously - I have actually suprised myself.

I enjoy my own company. A.Lot. Some people can't stand being alone - I crave alone time if I don't get it often enough. So, this stretch of G being away was, while hard in some ways, something I nearly looked forward to.

At the minute; from the time the kids go to bed, I am alone. Completely alone. And I love it. I don't call anyone, I don't often do anything - but me, Harvey & the Ipod just potter about. Sometimes, we (read: I and Harvey lays right in the wrong place all the time) clean up rooms, sometimes we bake; other times we just chill out in the lounge and write in my journal (well, I write and he watches). But, I love it. So does our cat. He gets G's half of the bed.

But.

I'm starting to get sick of being my own company. I miss G. Not just anyone, only him. Someone who I can veg out with, laugh with and be 110% entirely myself with. Someone who will laugh at my dramatics and give sound family advice. Someone who doesn't take himself too seriously. Who will get me drinks and comiserate with my sore feet.

I heart G. And I love him to the ends of the earth and back too.

As a complete aside, I found this today and I had a nice old giggle. 'Tis actually rather funny.

No comments: