Tuesday, July 1, 2008

All things Science & weather...

For G's birthday, we got him a barometer . We both love our friends one and continously tap it when we go there. I figured that was a little rude, so I got him one.

Trying to initially set the bugger up was rather hard work. I now think I should've probably just left it alone, but noooo - for the first time in my life, I read the instructions. 'Find out the sea level/air pressure of your area, set the thing and whacky doo - you're done'. Yeah.

After 3 weeks of tapping and farting about with it, finally, it appears to be working. It's raining and barometer is pointing to rain!!!
Yay me.

In other news, we went to G's house of opulence a couple of weeks ago. Yes, I am a lazy, good for nothing blogger. Get past it - I have. Anyway. It was his birthday, so we thought we'd pay him a visit.

Whilst he was working on the Saturday, we went to a country Scienceworks-type-place. The kids loved it, and rather abashedly I will add that so did I.

Some photos of my science loving chilluns....
Connor loving the whole 'ooh look, that ball is floating'


And here is Riley making a snowstorm. He was pretty happy with that contraption.

This place also had a vertical slide. Now, to even a 30 year old that sounded shit scary, so I forgave Riley and understood his reluctance completely. Instead, we hung out at the 'Rainbows end' where there were gates and kiddy proofed stuff to go nuts with.

He was mining 'gold'. I wish.

And that's my boy. Putting stuff back where it belongs. He *does* have other genes apart from my height after all!!!!
My broccoli are actually growing!! I'm very pleased, because last year the freaking caterpillars ate most of them. This year, I have been treating them with garlic water (only because it's what I use for aphids and was bored) - and it seems to be working. Given it's mine and Rileys all time favorite vegie, I'm pretty happy.

If it stops raining at some point (I shall check my working barometer prior to the outside though... ;) ) I will take some photos.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That place looks like so much fun, the kids look very happy. My girls would love a place like that, I can't open the link to it from your post though.