Friday, September 26, 2008

All about me

Yesterday.... *sigh*.

My children are at the farm for the week. Which, they are loving. I will pick them up tomorrow - and I cannot wait.

I've been working full time this week, which has been nice. But, yesterday, I took the day off and spent it pottering about.

Talk about BLISS. I didn't do anything fun (well, I went shopping sans kids for a goldfish and I sorted the vegie patch) - but geez it was nice to have a day to yourself.

I lost my great grandmothers ring the other morning. My mother passed it onto me for my 30th birthday and it is the only heirloom I'll ever see. So, obviously, I was a bit teary. But, I knew it was in the bedroom somewhere.

So, when I got home from work that night, I systematically moved every bit of furniture. Even the heavy stuff. No ring.

Moved everything out of the wardrobe. No ring.

Started crying.

Pulled all the linen off the bed; pulled the cover off the doona, pillowcases off pillows....no ring.

Started going through each of our drawers. 8th drawer in - WINNER!!!

I shall never leave it lying on the dresser again. But, I vowed to move all that furniture again and get the vacuum in there. (It's ruddy heavy and doesn't get done too often. And there was NO WAY I was going to vacuum whilst there was an extremely beautiful ring in there somewhere).

Anyway; yesterday. I moved all the furniture again and vacuumed. Washed. Cleaned out Rileys fish tank again (I'm sure it's the amount of light it gets that is causing the issue), got him some new fish and some snails (to sort out the algea problem). Washed again - and then pottered about in the garden.

The winter vegies have finished - The broccoli was tremendous and the beets didn't do so great. I think I overfed them and the carrots; because this year we had little stumps of carrot with massive tops; and the same with the beets. But, I'm learning so it's good.

The snowpeas are going silly with the flowers; but yesterday I found four. Why everyone doesn't grow their own snowpeas is beyond me; they are easy and they taste oh so much better straight from the vine.

Then, we went out for dinner.

I feel really good. But, I'm ready for the kids to come home now. I miss them. (And, they are starting to miss me too - Riley asked how many more sleeps and when I said two, he was all "wowwww!!").

This is the back lounge room. It has stayed this way for the entire week.

Please excuse the stupid car photos/pictures in the background; Grant is a big fan and (before we lived together) I used to think that these types of things made great presents. So, really, it's entirely my fault. But, I've learned and I've given him one room. If we had a bar type room, I'd be pleased for no other reason except having a normal place to hang this....stuff.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

WHen you have your bar type room, get a pool table and then we'll come down for a drink and admire the car pictures :D

Shel said...

LOL Jenn!! I was thinking more along the lines of 'bonfire outside'.... ;)

It would be lovely to see you though....

Mary said...

VARRROOOMMM! More of a push bike girl myself and I'm glad you found your ring.