Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chasing tails

I feel so completely and utterly drained. The saying 'getting ahead of the 8 ball' - heck, I'm barely racking and stacking the balls full stop!!

I can't seem to catch up on anything. I'm exhausted; which I am sure are due to the changes going on, the last fortnight and everything else that goes on. I'll get there, I always do.

Our new tank came yesterday. This week I am pulling apart the vegie patch and we're putting the tank in behind the shed. It's nearly time to start thinking about Winter Vegies, so I really want to have the soil ready for them to start.

It's going to be a different looking patch to the previous; mostly because of room. But, also, experience has taught me a great deal with regards to what to put where, and what would work better where.

I've also gone back to school of a Friday; doing an Autocad drafting course for work. Of course, it will assist in all types of drafting - but primarily electrical drafting at this point. It's nice to have something new to focus on; but Friday nights I'm wiped out!

Riley is loving school. And he's doing so very well. He had his prep entry assessment last week and is reading well and above his station - I am hoping he has inherited (if not, he'll accumulate) my love of reading. Writing....well, all I'll say is that doctors write horribly!!

Connor is settled right into kinder; he started back at swimming too, and has already skipped a class there. He just loves the water.

Smoky haze is still hanging around. They have been backburning not far from here for the last week or so; and there are still fires in Kinglake. But, hopefully, in the next few weeks, that all starts to settle down a little and people can start to breathe a little easier. I feel dreadfully sorry for those hard of breathing at the minute; it must be so awful trying to breathe through it!

No comments: