Thursday, November 29, 2007

Garden news

It's been a bit of a while since I updated on the garden. The tomatoes are growing a treat, and it won't be long before we have more tomatoes than we know what to do with. The snow peas are going beserk, and the broccoli is being eaten by some white moth type thing; but I've decided to let them eat it, as it's just far too hot for broccoli and now I know that it's a WINTER vegetable, and that it grows well, I'll sort that out in Autumn.



My beautiful day lily. At least, I think that is what it is. It has taken me TWO YEARS to see this flower. Last year, the terror broke the ONE stalk of flowers off; this year, there were two and G broke one stalk of 6 flowers. I'm only just talking to him. Aren't they beautiful??



Another first year flowering Hebe. Goodness they are pretty. And hardy too.

Last but not least; a beautiful flower I never even knew I had. It turned up right in the perfect place.



I will make a big effort to take some photos of the vegie patch over the weekend.

No comments: