Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter and other news...

Again, I apologise for the length of time in my blogging. I have seriously had SUCH a busy week, it's been ridiculous. Then we had easter...

Before Grommets - my five year old would NEVER have attempted to make let alone wear this;


After Grommets - I can honestly say that he made 90% of it. AND he wore it!!!




G's parents live in the country. They are country people through and through; They barely even have a computer; let alone the internet!! So I plead lack of technology as my excuse. I did, however, take lots of photos.
G's parents are lovely. Truly lovely. Most holidays, both the boys are sent up there for a week to spend time with them. They aren't these holidays because G's parents are off for a holiday to Adelaide. So, instead, they spent (what I perceive to be) true quality time with them.

This is poppy dick teaching C how to play bowls. He got the kids their own set, so they'd stop playing with his. Tell me how this is not a good thing.


The time was superb. Simple life, simple food and great conversation. G is one of 4 boys, and three made it up. It was lovely to catch up with them again and have a laugh. I love them dearly and I truly value the relationship they are forging with my children.

In other news; G is going away for work. For FOUR MONTHS. It's not too bad, because it's not that far away and he can come home/I can go up on weekends; and due to his job, nearly every second weekend is a three day one. So, at the end of the day, rather than moping about, I intend to use this time to get my house in order. The next four months of blogs will be "organising your house" LOL!!!

It's just so nice to have everything done in my life. R has his grommets, Easter is over for another year; and it seems we're just about at the end of summer. I need to get back into the vegie patch this weekend and start seriously preparing it for some Winter vegies.

But here in wannabe hippy land - things are great.

No comments: