Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ears, holidays and other things....

Sorry I haven't updated for quite awhile (in my terms!!) - I have just been busy.
First big piece of news - Riley now has "loud ears" again. When we were in the car on the way home, he said "Hey Mum, I've got my LOUD ears again". Very delightful to see him coming back out of his shell again. I'm pleased to report that the change in him has been as instant as what it was last time - but the fact that he was doing so well prior really makes me feel good about the immediate future for him.
They are no big deal really, but the fact that his speech and confidence suffer when he doesn't have them is. He's a different child again and I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders.

Byron. This was our backyard.


To get to that view, we had to walk through this delightful one;


Talk about a beautiful place. I would move there tomorrow if I were brave enough to up and move my entire life. Maybe one day. It was beautiful catching up with my darling friends again and I wish we could do it once a month. I missed them even on the plane home to Melbourne, even though half were sitting next to me!!!

Whilst I was away...I don't know what you'd call it actually. But, all of the pieces just seemed to click. Like I had all these pieces of a puzzle and I had nearly finished; but that week in Byron really clicked it for me. I feel so much more focussed on what really matters and less on what really doesn't. And, truthfully? It feels good.

It's been ridiculously hot down here lately. I mean, it's Melbourne. Who ever thought Melbourne would see such a heat wave? Our garden has held up unbelievably well considering - and we still haven't used mains water to water. The whole garden (except for my camilias, which, unfortunately, didn't appreciate it) seems to be thriving on recycled water alone. Obviously the vegies get the good stuff; but there are not much of those growing at the minute. I did plant some more snow peas and some lettuce seeds; but I think it's still a tad too hot down there.

Bizarre as this is going to sound, given how ridiculously hot it's been here - I have been cooking.


This is what went into my minestrone soup that i made for our lunches. Now, I'm not a big fan of soups at the best of times (and doesn't my waist know it!!!) - but this soup was/is really really nice. I have no idea as to quantites, and used a fair bit of stuff that was nearly finished in the fridge; but all in all, it truly is a yummy soup. "They" tell me you can have it cold; but uggh.

I also made some oatmeal biscuits. Can I just say that they are the nicest things I have ever had? They are yummy and, with my bread roll baking, are two of the yummiest things that I have ever tasted. What is even better - I made them.

After all that rambling, I should probably go and get organised. What I *do* find weird is that I feel I am writing this to people - when I have no idea if any people are reading it!!! Ploise let me know if you are reading - I am feeling rather alone over here! :)

Have a good week and I hope everything works out.

6 comments:

Kisses said...

Don't worry, you're not alone XX

Anonymous said...

You're not alone, I always read you posts. Can you post a recipe for the oat biscuits please.

cheers Lenny

Jenn said...

You know I'm always here lol.

Minni Mum said...

*Waves* :-)

Shel said...

Oh I am estatic that I haven't bored anyone to tears yet! :)

Well done on the beans Julie!!!

Lenny, I have posted the oatmeal receipe for you too.

Jenn - I heart you.

Kisses - Did I tell you lately that I LOVE your hair???

Shannon said...

and most importantly, I'm here too! mwah...