Sunday, September 16, 2007

Short and sweet...

The baby market went pretty well. I got rid of most of my stuff and came home with nearly $160. So, better than a kick in the pants and I now have my worm farm. I set it up today and so far, it looks marvellous.

Today was just a pottering around the garden day doing not much of anything. Feeding things mostly, because we were due a decent rainfall this evening. So, out came the blood and bone, and sure enough; down came the rain.

I just wish my carrots and my snow peas would hurry up and shoot already - I know it's only been a week, but I haven't planted anything from seed before, and would be very pleased if it did kick off!!

Everything worked today. Although the terror is coming down with something - whether it be tonsilitis again or just teeth remains to be seen; but he is one of those "oh, the world is ending, I don't feeeeel well" kinda kids - just like his father. So it's kinda hard to differentiate between the world ending and a slight hiccup.

Have organised with my neighbour to go to the gardening Australia Expo down at Caufield on Saturday 6th October http://www.abcgardeningexpo.com.au/melbourne07.php

It will be a feast of learning about sustainable living full stop. It's pretty handy having a horticulturalist as a friend, but there is always more to learn. Josh Burns will be there, as will Graeme; so it will be very interesting to see what they have to say. It will also be nice to go with people who are as passionate (or interested might be a better word!!) as I am. I'm sure G would rather eat glass. I await that day with much anticipation.

Still want to have things....it's just a bit of a "hey, but we dont' NEEEEDDD that" mental correction. And it works. So far.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Thanks for the reminder about the show at Caulfield

Cathy