Friday, April 11, 2008

Annnnnddd......crasshhh

Obviously it was bound to happen. The crash, that is. Because, I had the audacity to mention the H word - it's all fallen in a heap again. I, officially, have a cold annndddd tonsilitis. Please, kill me now!!!!

I am rather a drama queen; things aren't quite so dire here. The week that was saw a week of nice weather

(as opposed to the gale forced winds of last week), a winter vegie patch planted out (except for Broccoli, I couldn't find that anywhere, but will keep looking)


(PS - there are seeds in there too - I'm not that bad!!!)


and a lovely, if not busy, week with the kids.



Rileys Kinder teacher called me back after kinder yesterday. That "Hi Shel" tone of voice usually has me worried. It's like WHAT. What is wrong with him now??

But, I was really suprised. And happy. And proud. His kinder teacher has told me how amazed she is in the change in him post grommets. "A complete 180" quote unquote. And that now she realises why I was pushing so hard and getting so frustrated with getting these things back in.

His confidence has just soared (which, in itself has positives and negatives) and he is starting to want to try new things and get more involved. But, my theory was always "wouldn't you be a little bit reserved when you are trying to learn new things and you can't hear anything clearly???" So, a definate plus for us there. I am doing kinder duty in a couple of weeks, and parent / teacher interviews are soon, so I am hoping for more feedback as the term goes on.

Connor did his first poo on the toilet the other night. And the second on my shoe. And the really feral part???? My darling dog. I can't even put the sentence together it was so foul. But, suffice to say, there weren't that much of a mess to clean up by the time I got the paper towels etc organised.

Grant being away - is hard, but at the same time, it really hits home just how far we've come since the last time he was gone. I'm not going up there this weekend because I'm sick and he has to work both Saturday and Sunday; but already I'm looking forward to next weekend.

This weekend I am hoping for a bit of a bum around the house and try and get rid of this evil cold kinda weekend. Mum and Dad will probably have the kids overnight one night, so I can have a bit of a rest and a bit of a sleep. But, just pottering around here and drinking lemon tea will probably do me the world of good.

Work today (which I will probably get sent home from, but I have to at least try and get in - in my fathers world, if you don't come in to work, you simply must require the services of a hospital) and then a weekend. Without G, but with the kids - and 2 out of 3 aint bad.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

"I'm on a highway to hell..."

Now why do I have that song in my head?

Hope you're doing OK Shel.