Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bits of this and bits of that...

I've been on a little bit of an internet hiatus. There's been a little bit of a breeze down here over the last couple of days, and unfortunately, we've been rather...err...powerless.

No damage though, so that is a good thing. I was driving home from work yesterday afternoon and as I was driving, there were trees down everywhere. As I continued driving, I started getting a little nervy - all I wanted was me and my kids at home together. Right then. We all got home and had no light - it was like earth hour, only an extended versions.

A girlfriend came over with her little boy. The kids had torches, we had red wine and candelight - it was a lovely evening. Sometimes, it's nice to really simplify things. It really showed me how ingrained the use of electricity is for me though. Even though I knew we had no power - I still put my mobile phone on charge. Stupid and deep - all at the same time!!

There's been a bit of a bust up over at an internet forum I used to frequent. I say used to, because, I left. It's all just too hard for me, worrying about this whole "he said, she said...oh no, but I didn't say that I meant this" stuff. Bitching and backstabbing and all sorts of childish things. People were truly hurt and I just said "enough".

Apart from that, not much else going on!! G comes home tomorrow, so we'll be a family for a whole two days!! Am looking forward to it.

Have plans to start on our bathroom tonight, but we'll see.

No comments: