Friday, April 25, 2008

LEST WE FORGET


This time, 93 years ago, thousands of people died. Not via some natural means; an earthquake, storm or flood. They died because they believed in their cause. That, what they were ultimately fighting for meant something. So that we, as Australians, could continue our way of life.

I don't believe that war is right. Or needed, or just, or anything but sending a group of young men & women off to their ultimate death. Or, if not death, probably a fate just as bad. Nightmares, visions - either way; you are changed forever I imagine.

I don't care why these people were where they were over the years. Fact is, they were there. Each and every one of them held a belief that they could change things. It is for that belief, that I say thanks. That I remember. That I respect. And shed a tear for.


"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."


Thank you. Thank you for believing that you could make a difference. Because, ultimately, it is you we owe thanks for our quality of life today.

No comments: